cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco AP 1852 Webinterface not working after downgrade of ME Image.

KarlDoreth08335
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

we have an Cisco AP 1852 with Mobility Express on it. We use this one as controller with some AP1600 series attached. 

Last week we thought, it would be a good Idea to carry out an software update for the 1852 to lift its firmware to 8.10.x. 

It was not...unfortunately  600 APs are only supportet until ME 8.5.x. Luckily we had an old firmware download in place, so we downgraded the AP1852 backto 8.5.160.  

Everything is fine so far, BUT: The Webinterface is not working anymore. It seems not to be downgraded with the rest of the firmware. (I can see this because of the copyright date in the footline, which is still at 2020). Is there a way to delete the whole system and to reflash also the webinterface back to 8.5.x?

The rest works well and I can administrate the controller with the CLI.

Thanks for your help.

Greetings Karl

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Have you opened up a tac case just to have them at least look into it. There are also a bunch of previous threads you should look at by searching the issue you have which can help. Here are some basics.
Make sure that secure web is enabled.

show network summary
If not enabled: config network secureweb enable

Make sure that the controller and ap have different up address. You need to use the cli for this. Look at the output of show interface detailed. In the cli type apciscoshell and then look at the show ip interface brief and see if the ap has an up address and the management is different.
Also make sure you clear the cache on your browser and try different browsers. I run into certificate issues that some browsers work and others don’t but I see a security issue.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card