cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Prime 2.1 - Provision Failure Unable to set Primary controller name and IP

Craig Le-Butt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Got a slight issue, I'm rolling out new APs 2600, after I've installed so many I use Prime to add the Primary, Secondary and Tertiary WLC which have done loads of times.

What I'm getting now is for status Partial Success  "Provision Failure Unable to set Primary controller name and IP address"

**802.11a/n/ac Parameters** N/A

**802.11b/g/n Parameters** N/A

and a few more.

This seems to be intermittent, so APs it does it on and some it doesn't.

Using a 8500 running 8.0.115  we have 3 of these on different sites, it only seems to be happening on 1 WLC on 1 site.  I can add the settings manually.

Not sure if this affects it we are running more AP's than licences for, just waiting for the order to be generated for extra licences, but would this affect the templates?

cheers in advance

6 Replies 6

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LWAP template not pushing AP High Availability config correctly
CSCuv11717

Symptom:
Prime Infrastructure may have a problem deploying a lightweight AP template with primary, secondary and tertiary controller details, giving the error "Provision Failure: Unable to set Primary controller name and IP address."

Conditions:

Workaround:
At this time, there is no workaround.

This bug is a duplicate of bugCSCuo99356

HI

Think this is fixed in PI2.1.1 patch, but it looks like that patch has been pulled from download, PI2.1.2 is there, but I'm not currently able to download via CCO account, waiting for to be updated.

Cheers

This happens in PI 2.2.3 also.

This is now fixed in 3.0.1 cheers

Getting an error in PST config in ap config and lwap temp with wlc 8.0
CSCuo99356
Description
Symptom:
Getting an error in PST config in ap config and lwap temp sometimes

Conditions:
Navigate to Configure-> AP page and select
First Clear the Primary/Secondary/Tertiary controller configuration, both server ip and name
Now first set the Primary/Secondary/Tertiary controller configuration, both server ip and name
Then try to swap the secondary and tertiary controller configuration, both server ip and name
And try to save the AP config
One can see an error is seen

Known Fixed Releases:    (2)
3.0(0.0.63)
3.0(0.0.76)

So what are customer's who have a Gen1 appliance supposed to do since 3.0 is only supported for Gen 2 appliances?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card