cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco VM Prime Migration

gilbertrk
Level 1
Level 1

On a VM Migration of Prime, do I need to re-ip the backup once it is migrated to new server?  The server itself was already set up with name and IP.  I have steps but it has been a while since I did this last.  Any help and any other clarity I can add just let me know?  Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Just to add...

Inventory / Group Management / Network Device Groups

Inventory / Device Management / Network Devices

Keep in mind that you need to import your groups first then your devices.  Wait until all the devices have sync'd and your ap's are show up under inventory, before you import your maps.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you are building a new Prime, your best best is to just export the device groups, device list and maps and  import that to your new Prime server.  This way you are not bringing any stale data in the db.  You can always rebuild other things like reports, etc.  I don't care too much about the history as I keep the existing up for a few months if needed.

If you just want to do a restore and bring in everything, then just restore the application and not the appliance.  Take a look at the guide for reference:

Cisco Prime Infrastructure 3.10 Administrator Guide - Backup and Restore [Cisco Prime Infrastructure] - Cisco

-Scott

gilbertrk
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Scott!  A huge help as always.  That is exactly what I needed....the device groups/lists/maps!  That will be much cleaner.  Now to find the cmd's to pull that info out.  Thanks again.  

That can be done easily from the GUI.  All it is is going to the Device Groups and hitting export, Device Inventory and hitting Export and Maps and hitting export.  You would import using the GUI also.

-Scott

Just to add...

Inventory / Group Management / Network Device Groups

Keep in mind that you need to import your groups first then your devices.  Wait until all the devices have sync'd and your ap's are show up under inventory, before you import your maps.
-Scott

Hopefully you have the license files available, or else you will have to export that from your existing and add it back to your new server.

-Scott

gilbertrk
Level 1
Level 1

I knew that.....in all seriousness.  Thank you.  My change is in AM and this is a game changer.  I was on with TAC on a previous backup issue, he mentioned nothing on this after I had told him what I would be doing and why.   Thanks again!  

Well good luck on your change tomorrow!

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card