Helpful
Replies

Client Reauthentication

m-avramidis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I wonder i anyone can help with this "strange" problem:

Last week i upgraded our ACS`s from 3.2.1 to 3.2.3. The reason for this was to support EAP-FAST. Everything works fine (we are running both LEAP and EAP-FAST) exept a "minor" problem. The problem occours every time the WLAN clients reauthenticate, i`ve configured our wlan security so it changes the key`s every 3 minutes. When this occour the client looses all access to the network during this - looses about 5 ping. On our "old" ACS this never happened.I`ve looking over my config on the ACS`s servers, but fail to see that i`ve done something wrong. Please help....our clients are going to "hang" me soon since most of their applications are run on mainframe.......

2 Replies 2

m-avramidis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, again!

I`ve resolved this issue. The thing was that this only affected Cisco PCMCIA cards, not the built in wireless cards from Intel (running LEAP). For fix the issue of loosing 5 ping answears every time the client reaunticated, i upgraded the firmware on the Cisco PCMCIA card to V5.40.10. After doing that, everything works without loosing any connectivity (LEAP and for EAP-FAST).

And again i stand corrected. Sorry this will not happened again. What seems to be the problem is; every time a client restarts his/hers Laptop, the Cisco PCMCIA card firmware "looses" something, well the problem with the 5 missing ping answears during the key exchange is there again. We do this workaround; after restarting the Laptop, we load the firmware again, after that everything works fine. Is there anybody who has experience something similiar with the latest software release (ACU), Cisco Secure 3.2.3 and running both LEAP and EAP-FAST?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card