Views
Helpful
Replies

Compare Cisco AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 with AIR-AP1261N-E-K9

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Current, i have a project to deploy wifi for hotel 5 stars.And i have two type AP Cisco AIR-CAP1602I-E-K9 and AIR-AP1261N-E-K9

I want to compare performance about:

+ Coverage Radio ( Power transmitter, antenna gain)

+ Bandwith or throught put

+ Concurrent users or connection

Please share information about parameter before i decide to chose AP to deploy hotel

Thanks all

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Clients decide on what AP they connect to.  It doesn't matter if you are running autonomous or lightweight with a WLC.  If your autonomous AP looses connectivity to the core, that AP will still be broadcasting the ssid and the user will be stuck in limbo.  Most likely unable to connect to the network due to no dhcp address.  If you were to use a WLC and the AP lost connectivity to the core, well the AP will reboot an go through a join process in order to fine the WLC.  With the WLC, the AP reboots so that means that the clients will most likely join another AP as long as there is coverage.  In any case, a hard drop will disassociate the client and is not transparent.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Well one of your AP's is capwap and the other is autonomous. Have you looked at the data sheet for each of the AP's as it explains a lot of the info you are requesting.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here is an AP comparison chart.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps5678/ps10981/at_a_glance_c45-636090.pdf

-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
+ Bandwith or throught put

This'll depend on your switch network.  If your switch has 1 Gbps from the WAP to the core then this is good.  If you have 100 Mbps in some places then this will be an issue as both WAPs support 802.11n.

The main difference between 1600 and 1260 is CleanAir (Express) which only 1600 support.

If you are deploying to a hotel, why are you considering WAPs with external antennas?  External antennas would only jack up your cost.  Particularly in the hall, you wouldn't want to use an external antenna.  In the lobby, sure, external antenna would be nice but it's not necessary (unless your lobby happen to be the size of an aircraft hangar).

CleanAir, would you need it?  Depends with your neighbors.  If you have neighbors with their own wireless or do you have guests who'll be walking around with Bluetooth then you will need CleanAir (and not the EXPRESS).  2600 is the best, so far.

You need to give us more information.  There are so many to consider in regards to what particular "flavour" you want.  Do you want 802.11 a/b/g?  802.11 a/b/g/n?  802.11 a/b/g/n with CleanAir?  802.11 a/b/g/uc?

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for your supports

I refered information about the price of AIR1261N and AIR-CAP1602I in some market online and router-switch.com

I see the price of AIR1261N is higher than AIR-CAP1602I.This mean it is better than AIR 1602I?

My company are deploying to hotel as attached file ans i intend to order seri AIR1261N. Please recommend me about that

Thanks so much

If your deploying in a hotel I would look at the 2600's if the 3600's cost is the factor. I would not use the 1260's because they require an additional antenna. If the cost for the 2600's is too much then you only other choice I would recommend is the 1600's

Now if your just placing APs out in the hallways like many hotels do, it doesn't really matter what AP you use. Rooms that are close to the AP will have good coverage and those further away will not. Hallway placements are the worst in my opinion. But if you can't get away from that then maybe an AP every 5-6 rooms down the hall. That way no one complains that the wireless stinks:)

-Scott

To add to Scott's post ...

1.  Describe your LAN?  Is your LAN 10/100/1Gbps link to the WAP?  Does your LAN have 1/10 Gbps uplink?

2.  If you want to deploy your APs along the hallway, please do not be tempted to "hide" them in the ceiling space as it will not be beneficial, wireless speaking.  If you have to deploy them in the open, consider locking your APs or putting a cover around them.  

3.  AP selection:  Again, it all boils down to what you want.  You can choose a model of an AP that will only do 802.11 a/b/g (and this is the most affordable) like the 1130.  You can also choose 802.11 a/b/g/n, like the 1040.  Or you can go to the "high"-end which is the 2600/3600.

As with Scott, in a hotel, I wouldn't recommend purchasing a model which has an external antenna.  It doesn't make any sense.

ducbabyball89
Level 1
Level 1

Dear ALL

Have a nice week

This week, I intend to deploy the AP 1261n to hotel.

As you know, the AP 1261n have 6 anntenna: 3 for 2,4 Ghz and 3 for 5Ghz.

I have read spec and see: it only use 1 bandwidth: 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz. Is that correct ?

If my system does not controller. All APs run standalone mode. Is there way that helps all ap share load together.

Ex: In the case, a AP die or disconnect to core switch,client automaticly connect other AP that to be sure client does not interrupt

Thanks

Clients decide on what AP they connect to.  It doesn't matter if you are running autonomous or lightweight with a WLC.  If your autonomous AP looses connectivity to the core, that AP will still be broadcasting the ssid and the user will be stuck in limbo.  Most likely unable to connect to the network due to no dhcp address.  If you were to use a WLC and the AP lost connectivity to the core, well the AP will reboot an go through a join process in order to fine the WLC.  With the WLC, the AP reboots so that means that the clients will most likely join another AP as long as there is coverage.  In any case, a hard drop will disassociate the client and is not transparent.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Dear Scott

Does AP 1261n use 1 bandwidth 2,4Ghz or 5Ghz at the time. Is that correct ?

Thanks

This week, I intend to deploy the AP 1261n to hotel.

You really sure you want to deploy a 1260 in a hotel???

1261 is a single-radio (2.4 Ghz) AP.

.In this case, i think AIR 1602I that to be best way.But, decide to select AP1261 by my boss

1261 is a single-radio (2.4 Ghz) AP. Are you sure ?

I see it has 6 connector to fix 6 external antenna.Please see below link.

http://www.eio.com/p-43724-cisco-air-ap1261n-a-k9-1261n-wireless-access-point.aspx

1261 is a single-radio (2.4 Ghz) AP. Are you sure ?

Yes.  Very sure.  It says so in the data sheet.

i think AIR 1602I that to be best way.But, decide to select AP1261 by my boss

I still believe both the 1600 and the 1260 is not the right choice of AP.

The 1600 is not the right choice because it only supports CleanAir Express.  And why would you want to use CleanAir in a hotel environment?

The 1260 is not the right choice because you will need to get external antennas.  And how do you plan to install the AP and antennas to prevent vandalism?

You have several choices of APs with internal antennas.  The choice hinges on your LAN and your budget. 

hi lealaohoo

Yes.  Very sure.  It says so in the data sheet. Please send me to datasheet that show you say.

If 1261 is single- radio ( 2,4Ghz) AP.Why does it has 6 antenna. What is purpose?

Thanks

If 1261 is single- radio ( 2,4Ghz) AP.Why does it has 6 antenna. 

The PICTURE shows you a 1262.  Data sheet link here

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card