cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting 1310 AP to WLC 4402 in autonomous mode

steelhalcon
Level 1
Level 1

Can you please provide me with the configuration of a 1310 that will be a root access point and connected to wlc 4402. The AP will be implemented as autonomous and not lightweight.

3 Replies 3

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The AP can not join the WLC if it is in autonomous mode if that what you mean by the word "connect".

If you want your AP to join and be managed by the WLC, you need to convert it to lightweight mode.

Here is the conversion procedure: http://tiny.cc/i962tw

Regards,

Amjad

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

I dont have an IOS for 1310 to convert it to lightweight. That's why Im trying to find a way on how I can use the 1310 in my wireless environment managed by wlc. Is it possible to configure 1310 as a root AP to connect to my wired network and allow and provide connection to and from wireless clients. If so, can you give me sample configuration on this matter.  Thank you for the reply.

You can use the AP as a root AP to provide wird clients with connectivity, but not wireless clients.

You can also use it as a repeater to repeat original signal (range however will be less and throughput will decrease).

If you don't have a contract with cisco that authorize you to download the image, I suggest that you look for friends that authorized to download the image. They would probably help you on this and download the image for you.

Regards,

Amjad

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card