Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Coova Chilli captive portal and WLC 5508

We are plannig to install a WLC 5508.

Actually, there is a Nortel Controller with some Nortel  APs.

The controllers use Coova CHILLI captive portal to authenticate. Also the CHILLI server acts as a DHCP server for APs and Wireless clients. The Nortel Control does not authenticate the wireless clients, is used only for AP management.

My questions are :

1.- Does the Cisco WLC 5508  works with the CHILLI?

2.- Is there any documentation?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ive worked with a few portals, but not that one. And no, you wont find anything from Cisco on this vendor install. You might want to check Coova.

As for the install on the cisco side, all you should have to do is push the traffic to the portal and let the portal handle the heavy lifting. For example, have a OPEN ssid. Use the default gateway of the open ssid pointing to the portal. Then the portal handles the rest ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

Stop back if you have problems. This shouldnt be that hard. Like I said just deliver the traffic to the portal and the portal will police the traffic for ya ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Ive worked with a few portals, but not that one. And no, you wont find anything from Cisco on this vendor install. You might want to check Coova.

As for the install on the cisco side, all you should have to do is push the traffic to the portal and let the portal handle the heavy lifting. For example, have a OPEN ssid. Use the default gateway of the open ssid pointing to the portal. Then the portal handles the rest ..

Hi George

Thanks! I'll try and I'll search some info in Coova Site

Stop back if you have problems. This shouldnt be that hard. Like I said just deliver the traffic to the portal and the portal will police the traffic for ya ..

Thanks for supporting the rating system!