cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Daisy chain OEAP!!!!

jahidkhan112492
Level 1
Level 1

I'm currently working on a small POC to install OEAPs so our call center employees can work from home (ideally to bring a phone home with them and connect it to the OEAP POE port). We have softphones too but apparently management is still asking to make it work with hardphones (don't ask me why).

In any case, I was thinking of maybe also setting up some OEAPs for our smaller remote sites. The idea behind this is to decommission our more expensive point to point WAN links and swap them out for a regular cheaper internet link. I have already done some research and if I'm not mistaken you can connect a switch via RLAN behind the OEAP to facilitate more clients.

The thing which isn't clear to me, is if it is supported to daisy chain another OEAP or maybe even a regular AP behind this switch?

2 Replies 2

Hi

Theoretically yes.  If you connect an OEAP in your gateway, you´re providing connectivity to your devices. Theoretically, an Access point, OEAP or not, connected to this switch, should be able, via capwap tunnel created by the first OEAP, reach the WLC  and join. Then, you will have a tunnel inside a tunnel. 

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Not a good idea to use OEAP for replacing that branch solution. It is good for home with single user with few devices.

For a branch you can have some VPN solution & inside that you can run normal AP. (rather making single OEAP is the vpn termination point)

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card