cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ Guest Wireless access using DHCP

erki1
Level 1
Level 1

I?ve been having considerable problems with getting clients to access the internet via a guest wireless DMZ controller.

I have a 4402 in the DMZ and a 4404 in the LAN; I have ping, mping & Eping connectivity between the controllers. I have configured both controllers in to the same mobility group and have configured the guest_wireless WLAN with the correct mobility anchors, i.e. the LAN WLC has an anchor pointing to the DMZ and the DMZ points to itself.

I have configured a DHCP scope on the DMZ WLC and this is where the problems being, I can not get a user to receive DHCP from the DMZ controller. The client can see the Guest_wireless WLAN and connects up but fails to receive DHCP.

I have made sure that the correct ports have been opened up and this is confirmed by the Eping connectivity. Could there be an additional port number that needs defining to allow DHCP through the firewall or does the DHCP requests pass down the mobility tunnel between the controllers.

Any help or suggestions please!

1 Reply 1

rmarg
Level 1
Level 1

The problem is that you have both the inside and DMZ guest_wireless interfaces on the same subnet.

Give your inside (LAN in your case) a bogus address that is in essence a null interface (say 3.3.3.3 if you are not routing it). Then give it a try. That should fix the issue you are seeing.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card