cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Embedded controller problems on 9120 ap

MrMattias87
Level 1
Level 1

So i tried installing a embedded controller on my 9120 accesspoint. Following each step from the guides...

After reboot i got:

APF4BD.9EBC.F140#capwap ap EWC-AP in Recovery Mode......

Please use 'archive download-sw' to upgrade AP and Controller image

I follow this up with following command

archive download-sw ewc-ap tftp://192.168.128.7/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

A tftp session starts but stops at 79 %.... I think i am running out of space but have problems knowing what i can safetly remove and find it hard to find right commands for doing it... Any nice tips?

11 Replies 11

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check the tftp server's logs (too) , including which type and 'model'  of tftp server was used (?). Some tftp server's can not handle large files.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

I used the built-in tftp server in mac OS x but didnt find the log there so i tryed Solar Winds TFTP server now and get this in the log message:

TFTP.JPG

Any idea why the peer stops responding?

-Try to increase the timeout , in the Solarwinds TFTP server : File>Configure>TFTP Configuration set timeout from 3 to something larger then 10 seconds.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thank your for your help but still no luck... Same log in the tftp-server and in console session it stop around 77% followed på

curl: (71) Error

tranfer command failed (Error 71)

Any more idea?

- Could you fallback to an FTP based transfer ? Syntax may look like this :

archive download-sw ewc-ap  ftp://user:password@<IP address FTP server>/C9800-AP-iosxe-wlc.bin

M.

did you get this issue resolved?

netlevelag
Level 1
Level 1

I am having the same problem. It stops at 77%

I found this: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvt44832/?rfs=iqvred

How do I manually delete core files?

yanfboy
Level 1
Level 1

have you fixed this issue and how?

I experience the same for my 9120AX AP as well. 

Nope, Sorry.

Thank you all the same.

anthony.watts
Level 1
Level 1

Had exactly the same issue and tried differnet tftp servers and timeouts, even played with the contents of the zip file removing unused ap files, and had it stop at diffferent load percentages but nothing worked, then I tried this.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/catalyst-9120axi-access-point/217537-repairing-c9120-c9115-access-points-from.html

and repaired the AP from u-Boot option and then did the standard load of EWC.
AP now working fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card