cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enabling Band Select from RF Profile when it's disabled from WLAN?

sysmalainen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

If Band Select is disabled from WLAN, can I still use it for some AP Groups by using RF Profiles? There's an option "Probe Response" under Band Select options in RF Profiles - does this enable or disable band select for this Profile?

Many thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No... Band select is enabled/disabled on a per WLAN. RF profiles allows you to modify the setting used by band select only.  

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

No... Band select is enabled/disabled on a per WLAN. RF profiles allows you to modify the setting used by band select only.  

-Scott

-Scott

Thanks Scott for the answer!

No problem. Glad to help.

-Scott

-Scott

Scott,

What is 'Probe Response' under Client Distribution > Band Select in RF Profile?

What if I have Band Select enabled on WLAN level with Band Select settings configured globally and in RF profile, but Probe Response is not checked. What does that mean?

Thanks a lot!

Probe Response under the RF Profile enables band select settings on the RF profile and not use global. If left unchecked, then the global is used. 

-Scott 

-Scott

Thanks Scott

So, if Band Select is enabled on WLAN, it will use Global Band Select parameters, even if I define new parameters in RF Group, until I click on 'Probe Response'. That explains why I see no difference between default settings and slightly adjusted to 4 probe cycles (Prime reports same amount of devices in both cases). Because I've done adjustments on RF Profile without enabling that Probe Response.

I'll try enabling it on RF Profile to see how it affects my Dual Band clients.

Apparently, Load Balancing in RF profile does not require enabling... settings in RF profile take precedence over global Load Balancing?

Load Balancing is different and you must enable/disable from the wlan. Then if enabled, the RF profile settings will be used. You don't want to enable this as it does cause issues.

-Scott 

-Scott

Cracking as always! Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card