Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in configuration of APs

Muhammad Noman
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I am trying to configure controller based AP but not AP is not able to appearing on controller. Upon power on of AP it appears on controller for a second or two and then disappears with following message errors.

Regards,

Muhammad Noman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paste the output of these commands:

sh sysinfo from WLC

sh version from AP

*** I suspect that Regulatory mismatch is there...

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

Like Sandeep mentioned, your country code is the issue. If you look at the configured country code on the AP sticker or on the output you attached the -A is for Americas. Your controller has another country code defined BH.  You need to add Americas to your controller if you want that AP to join.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mrncciew.com/2013/04/07/configuring-country-codes-on-wlc/amp/?client=safari

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Paste the output of these commands:

sh sysinfo from WLC

sh version from AP

*** I suspect that Regulatory mismatch is there...

Regards

Dear Sandeep,

Please find the attached snapshot

Like Sandeep mentioned, your country code is the issue. If you look at the configured country code on the AP sticker or on the output you attached the -A is for Americas. Your controller has another country code defined BH.  You need to add Americas to your controller if you want that AP to join.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mrncciew.com/2013/04/07/configuring-country-codes-on-wlc/amp/?client=safari

-Scott 

-Scott

Dear Scott,

When i change the country on WLC from -BH to -A then already configured AP which are working with WLC will they also effect or not?

Regards,

Muhammad Noman

if these old AP have diff. regulatory domain then -A- then of-course it will affect.

If you are not using Mesh APs then you can have "two country- Bahrin and USA" configured on  WLC so that both type of AP will work but only with common channels and power.

Reagrds

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card