Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest accounts in WLC lobby admin

Bjorn Lindstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a Cisco WLC based wireless network and provide a guest network for visitors. Currently we are using the built in lobby admin tool to create guest accounts, but it is very limited. The password auto generation gives you a popup in Internet Explorer with no way to copy the password and it is not possible to show a summary page or similar for printing (that I have found). This means that the receptionist usually ends up giving the visitor a handwritten post-it note with the username and password. I’m looking for some tool that can simplify this, basically a slightly better interface that can present a page with the username and password for printing.

Is there any way to do this with the WLC, or any 3:rd party tool that can achieve this?

I know that the WCS/NCS has this functionality, but it’s a bit expensive just to be able to print guest account information.

1 Reply 1

Erwin Salazar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Bjorn,

Unfortunately, the solution you are looking for is in fact provided in WCS/NCS/PI.  With that said, I am not aware of any way to do this through the WLC or any other 3rd party tool. 

Lobby Ambassador through WCS

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/7.0/configuration/guide/7_0manag.html#wp1083504

Cheers,
Erwin

How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!

Cheers, Erwin ______________________________________ How helpful was I? Don't forget to rate me when you have the chance!
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card