cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hide/Disable SSID / disable users connect to specific SSID between specific hours

ZEBIT1785
Level 1
Level 1

We just bought a Cisco WLC 5520 and we configured several SSID on the WLC.

We have a free wifi network but I want to disable / hide the SSID or disable that users can connect with it between a time range.

I can't find this on the WLC. How can I configure this?

We use version 8.1.102.0.

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't do that from the WLC.  You can use radius to auth users during a specific time, or use time based acl's on the router.  You can also use Prime Infrastructure to disable the WLAN if you want.  Search the forum on "disable ssid" and you will find other posts similar.

-Scott

*** Please rate helpful posts ***

-Scott

So we spend a lot of money to new Cisco wifi but we are unable to disable a ssid between specific times? It is only possible with prime?

What a shame Cisco....

Yup... this is how's its been for a very long time.  Part of my discover and design before I recommend a solution is to understand what the customer wants and provide the correct solution or set expectations of what works and doesn't. 

-Scott

-Scott

Cisco Prime Infra should be able to do this....

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12445136/schedule-ssid-broadcast-enabledisable-using-prime

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card