cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hospitality based wireless authentication

Scott Hanson
Level 3
Level 3

Looking for a solution that meets the below requirements.  I don't think I can get this done with Cisco due to cost and the APs are not Cisco but the switches are.

1) Force authentication for all new connections to the wireless

a) Only 1 password but each new connection has to enter that password

b) Authentications expires after a set amount of time (8+ hours or something to that effect)

2) Allow access to certain pages without authentication (Walled Garden)

3) Redirects all users to a particular web page once they authenticate

We are currently using an older Nomadix device to get this done but it is going out of warranty and support at the end of the year.  Another Nomadix device is always an option but we wanted to see if there was anything better out there.

Thanks in advance.  All replies rated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normadix is probably what you want to stay with for what you need. I think the 3rd party software caters to this much better than a wireless vendor can. There was someone here a while back who works for Purple WiFi that has some good features also.

http://www.purplewifi.net

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Normadix is probably what you want to stay with for what you need. I think the 3rd party software caters to this much better than a wireless vendor can. There was someone here a while back who works for Purple WiFi that has some good features also.

http://www.purplewifi.net

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: