cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i generate an uptime report for WLC's and AP's ?

I am currently trying to figure our how to create an uptime report on Prime, i have created reports for ASA, switches, and routers that show their true uptime (via the Last Boot Time data field), but cant seem to find anything similar for WLC's or AP's.

Can anybody assist ?

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Look at this thread may help you to generate report:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-management/ap-downtime-in-cisco-prime-wlc/m-p/4430188

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

I'm ok with generating reports, but just cant get the right data for WLC's and AP's.

I have attached an image of what I am trying to see in a WLC report and AP report.

Best Regards,

Sabeel

Not sure until we see full report, that may correct, the device might have not gone down (or Prime did not know it went down ?)

take couple of samples and check is the AP really gone down, or dissassociated ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by samples. i have ran some test reports and i can only see that "uptime" can be seen on autonomous AP's, for other AP's and WLC's there is no such option in any of the data fields.

unless you can advise another way i can generate a report that can prove APs and WLCs have been up (as in the physical hardware itself). other options such as "Reachability" only show reachability between prime and the device, its not a true interpretation of the device status.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card