Views
Helpful
Replies

How disable SSIDs in the default AP Group

mateus.schott
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I worked more with Wireless in the past and if I'm not wrong, there was a way to let the SSIDs disabled in the default AP group. The idea is when someone connects a new AP on the network and it joins in the WLC, this AP will propagate no one SSID until I manually associate it with a specific AP group.

We have here some guys that use spare AP and connect it on the network without ask the network team and my idea is to finish with this wrong behavior.

Thanks for any help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Default AP group advertise WLAN ID (number <16) by default. If you configure your WLAN with WLANID number higher than 16, then those SSID will not be advertised by default AP group. You have to explicitly configure a new AP group and add that WLAN to advertise

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Default AP group advertise WLAN ID (number <16) by default. If you configure your WLAN with WLANID number higher than 16, then those SSID will not be advertised by default AP group. You have to explicitly configure a new AP group and add that WLAN to advertise

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Got it. Thank you for answer my question, Rasika.

Happy new year!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: