cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I set the transition between access points would be fine?

omri176789
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

We have an organization Wirless controller 2504 with 20 aironet access-point (700 series)

Once I defined  all the access points I noticed that the transition between them is not working fine...

I mean that clients can not walk around in our organization without having to connect to any access point separately.

How do I set the transition between access points would be fine?

Thanks a lot (:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

As per my knowledge , NO.

AP need to join WLC first.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

HI Omri,

which software version you have on WLC ?

Is the site survey done propely ?

Remember: It is the client that decides when to roam and which AP to connect to based on what it perceives the signal to be.

If your site survey design is perfect and still have problems while roaming then:

Disable your lower data rates on the 2.4ghz and or 5ghz radio and your clients will roam better. Try to disable everything below 11mbps. and give that a try.May be old device will work in this case.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Hi,

Our WLC version is:

There is some type of setting on the WLC to  best roaming?

Its not recommanded to use this version.

As you have 700 series AP and their min. reqiurement to have 7.5 or higher then better to use v7.6.

Use 7.6 version.

There is no specific setting on WLC for best raoming:

Client itself decide where and which AP to join.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

So you say automatically clients can roaming between access points ?

Not required any special setting apart join APs to the WLC ?

As per my knowledge , NO.

AP need to join WLC first.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Just to add...

The WLC does provide seamless roaming from AP to AP, as long as the AP's are joined to the wlc, like Sandeep mentioned, you have good coverage between AP's and your configuration on the WLC is following best practices.  If you have all the above, you should not have any issues with roaming.  Apple iPad's and iPhones are sticky clients along with some few older devices and might not roam very well.  This is however a client or should I say, device issue.

Thanks,

Scott

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: