cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing PI 1.4 Maps into PI 2.0?

Toivo
Level 1
Level 1

I know that a database restore from 1.4 -> 2.0 isn't supported. However, if we export XML maps from 1.4, can those be imported into 2.0? I haven't been able to find any documentation on this. (We're seeing some weird results and PI 2.0 has been spinning it's "please wait" icon for a day now, following the import attempt.)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's is the preferred way... export the maps and import the maps.  You just need to make sure the WLC's are added to PI 2.0 first.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

That's is the preferred way... export the maps and import the maps.  You just need to make sure the WLC's are added to PI 2.0 first.

Thanks,

Scott

Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"

-Scott

Thanks for the response!

That's a bit unfortunate, as the functionality is obviously not working right. (APs are not being placed in the correct locations, a lot of complaints about illegal coordinates etc.) The WLCs and APs exist, so they're getting imported, just their locations are getting scrambled. And, well, the import job isn't finishing.

We'll have to follow up with Cisco on this, then.

Opening a TAC case is your best bet... I have stood up new PI 2.0 using maps from NCS and PI with no issues.  Could be a bug, I though someone posted something regarding the maps not being scaled properly, but don't know how long ago that was.

Thanks,

Scott

-Scott

Hopefully you are you importing as XML...

Hopefully you've also added the controllers before importing the file...

Yes, XML. Yes, all the controllers and APs are in PI before the map import.

What's your email address Toivo?

I'm not at the office but will be glad to webex in a take a look...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: