Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS Download for Access Point 1142

Robguer
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have purchased a Cisco LAP 1142 but the Access Point is not up to date and the IOS version has some security vulnerabilities. Unfortunately, my access point has reached its end-of-support date at the end of september but it is for 20 days only and I have purchased it 2 month ago and currently, I can't purchase a more recent because I don't have finance.

I would want to download the latest version (15.3.3-JD16) and use it for next months in order to use my AP as securely as it is possible until I can purchase a new supported access point.

I don't have any support contract so I can't download it directly from cisco website and TAC refuses to help me. Could you help me by downloading the file and send me a link to download it or give a temporary account (by private message)? I will be very thankful.

The file is available at: https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282439881/type/284180979/release/15.3.3-JD16

Thanks,

Robert

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Robguer
Level 1
Level 1

I found another solution. I will purchase a little AP like netgear.

Thank you for your replies.

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Pls check with seller you bought these APs, they may be able to help you on this matter.

Without Cisco maintenance agreement, you are not able to download software.

As long as current version works, I will stick with it rather thinking it is a bigger issue

HTH

Rasika

It would definitely be best to check with whom you bought these from.

I have purchased it on Amazon and the vendor can't help me, he doesn't have any support contract too. It's the cause of my request.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. Read this:  Multiple Vulnerabilities in Wi-Fi Protected Access and Wi-Fi Protected Access II 
  2. Scroll down to the Customers Without Service Contracts section.

Hope this helps. 

Don't forget to rate our useful posts.  

Robguer
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your answers but TAC refuses to help me because the access point has reached its end-of-support date at the end of september, 20 days ago. They told me to post a message on the forum and maybe someone could help me. I don't understand why users with support contract can download the file and not others users. In their security vulnerability policy (https://tools.cisco.com/security/center/resources/security_vulnerability_policy.html#ssu), they tell us :

As a special customer service, and to improve the overall security of the Internet, Cisco may offer customers free software updates to address high-severity security problems. The decision to provide free software updates is made on a case-by-case basis. Refer to the Cisco security publication for details. Free software updates will typically be limited to Cisco Security Advisories.

But customers without service contract can't have access to file because they don't have service contract. One solution is authorize TAC to continue to send download link to users without service contract or let users without service contract the ability to download software for end-of-life products. 

Robguer
Level 1
Level 1

I found another solution. I will purchase a little AP like netgear.

Thank you for your replies.

Have a nice day

So regarding cisco, they will not give you anything because the product is officially end of life unless you have a service contract with the company. If you do not have one search the web for the firmware file and hope you can find someone online willing to share it. I feel that firmware should be a given upgrade myself and ended up using 3rd party sources to get my firmware. It's not easy to find, but JD16 and JD17 are both out there.

Hello Gothyk, I need the image for an AP. Can you help me telling me where to find the autonomous image?

Thanks.

Good day.

Any company can implement service policies.
And imagine a situation when there is only one good company which produces cars. After 5 years the support expires and there is no software, and we change the car. Do we dispose of it because someone has such rules? The environment and the customer's wallet do not count?

Cisco proudly says how it protects the environment. Does it say that their equipment, which is in working condition, is trashed after the expiry of support?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card