cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPad not responding on same SSID

thomaslthorne
Level 1
Level 1

We have a set up where there is a media server that has a webcast streaming (unicast).  Any number of iPads will connect to the service and pick up the stream, but then all communication stops after approximately 5 to 10 minutes.  When the iPads, as well as other platforms including Windows, intially connect they can receive the stream and ping one another.  At some point, the streams stop and all the devices eventually stop responding to pings that are connected to the AP.  They are able to ping upstream of the AP and thorughout the network, but they stop between hosts.  If the wireless is disable and reenabled on the medai server it will again start streaming and communication resumes for 5 to 10 minutes.  Below are a few log entries I've seen, but no other debug I've tried result in any messages.  I've tried rebooting the controller as well as the AP.

*aprReceivTask: Nov 02 22:51:26: %LWAPP-3-INVALID_AID2: spam_api.c:1146 Association identifier 3 for client 40:30:04:1d:23:1c is already in use by

28:6c:ab:01:62:2a

Any suggestions?  Can anyone tell me what that message means?

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Errrr ... when you do this media streaming, HOW MANY clients would there be in total?  How many APs are involved in this AP?

What kind of media?  HD?  Standard definition?  Cached file?

Saravanan Lakshmanan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are AP on HREAP?

WLC code?

what qos setting on connecting wlan?

How many other wireless clients connected to the AP?

Matching bug id for message "Association identifier..." - CSCtr17760. updating to 7.0.220.0 should fix this issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card