Views
Helpful
Replies

limiting internet bandwidth/usage on Guest wireless access

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi  ,

I have guest wireless connection in my lan where as i have connected  WLC in DMZ to firewall and it goes directly to internet ,....

now i am getting complaint about excessive internet usage in my premises ....

i want to limit the internet usage especially on guest wireless users .... do we have any option on WLC to limit the same or i need to limit the bandwidth on firewall interface only .....

can anybody suggest for the same?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I don't know the Juniper FW, so you might want to post on their forum. I just thought since you mentioned that you could either do it on the wlc or the FW that it was possible and you knew how. I just don't know if the Juniper FW can or can't limit the overall traffic.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You might be better off limiting the bandwidth on the FW. On the wlc you can limit per user, but not total bandwidth.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply. .....

could you please suggest me how to limit on firewall ? ....we have Juniper firewall in our set-up.

I don't know the Juniper FW, so you might want to post on their forum. I just thought since you mentioned that you could either do it on the wlc or the FW that it was possible and you knew how. I just don't know if the Juniper FW can or can't limit the overall traffic.

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Many thanks for your clarification ......... i will work on firewall side ... no issues.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card