cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Management vlan not working well

NLMK00007
Level 1
Level 1

I  install one cisco AP 1832i version 8.3.102.0  for one customer .I have WLANs problem.There are 2 ssid in WLANS,one for employee and one for guest.employee is under  Management vlan (netwrok-192.168.0.0)and guest is under vlan 20(network192.168.20.0).Problem is one employee can not connect to management vlan well (connected and disconnect automatically)but when he connect to guest vlan,it is stable.Could you advise what is happening to management vlan ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm assuming this is Mobility Express. So how did you setup the SSID?  That is the first thing that needs to be looked at. Also, is it all devices or certain ones. Drivers in the client devices might also need to be upgraded. These are somethings I always look at.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm assuming this is Mobility Express. So how did you setup the SSID?  That is the first thing that needs to be looked at. Also, is it all devices or certain ones. Drivers in the client devices might also need to be upgraded. These are somethings I always look at.

-Scott 

-Scott

@Scott it is Mobility Express.native vlan is at internal interface of firewall and vlan 20 under internal interface.I face problem with window 10 which has 11 ac wireless.this 11 ac wireless pc can not connect to native vlan(internal interface) untaged.I belive it because of fortinet because when i check with wireshark no reply from fotinet.problem is 11 ac can not connect to native vlan .

Does any device connect?  Might be an issue with the FW doing the dhcp. The device doesn't matter what vlan it is on, the controller needs to send that info to the dhcp and you should see that come back.

-Scott 

-Scott

Make sure both vlans are working fine. Take a wired laptop and connect to a wired port on both vlans and make sure that everything is working.  If you can access the WLC from a wired subnet that means at least you have connectivity.  You can also try to configure a static address to determine if everything is working or not. Again if a static works fine but dhcp doesn't, then the FW doesn't like how the AP is sending the request. Might be proxy which I don't know if you can disable that on the ME.

-Scott 

-Scott

Thank you scott.I will try as your advice.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card