Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobility Upgrade

asif.naveed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I want to present a Migration and Upgradation Plan to the customer in documented format

I am planning to upgrade from existing WISM,WCS,LMS to the WISM2 License and Prime NCS, below is the detail

WISMs

1 x 6504 with 3 x WiSM WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9 (logically 6 x WLC), which means total 9,00 AP support

What i proposed

L-LIC-WISM2-UPG (1 x L-LIC-WISM2-100A, 3 x L-LIC-WISM2-200A ) which mean 1600 AP support , No change in WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9

Upgradation Plan

Can someone help me on this for example what should be the procedure by keeping in mind

1. Backup
  2. Step by Step upgrade
  3. In case of failure restore
  4. Can i have any advice for the procedure or best practices ?

Cisco Prime NCS

Appliance and 1.2 version is quoted that includes

1. 1600 WCS migration license to NCS (R-W-PI12-M-K9)
  2. 1500 LMS 2/3 major upgrade to NCS (R-PI12-UP-K9)
  3. Can i have any advice for the procedure or best practices ?

Regards

Cheers

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

L-LIC-WISM2-UPG (1 x L-LIC-WISM2-100A, 3 x L-LIC-WISM2-200A ) which mean 1600 AP support , No change in WS-SVC-WISM-1-K9

Get a WiSM-2 with 1k WAP license.   Get another WiSM-2 with ZERO (0) WAP license.  On both WiSM-2, make sure you run 7.3.X or 7.4.X code and you get High Availability with (sub-second) Stateful Switchover of WAPs from one line card to another line card.

Instructions on how to upgrade the WiSM-2 firmware is found in the Release Notes. 

Appliance and 1.2 version is quoted that includes

I strongly recommend you wait `til January 2013 for the announcement of the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (CPI) 2.0.

Hi

Thanks but would you please let me know

WCS 7.0 Migration to Cisco Primce NCS1.2 Release Note or Procedure

LMS 2/3  Migration to Cisco Primce NCS1.2 Release Note or Procedure

In Fact i want to present it to the customer

Regards

You cannot do a direct migration from WCS 7.X to NCS/CPI 1.2.  You need to do a "baby" upgrade from WCS 7.X to CPI 1.1.

I want to repeat myself, in case you didn't read my first post.  Wait for a few more weeks.  Something big will be announced in January 2013.  If NCS/CPI is your project, then there's a big announcement in regards to CPI 2.0.  You will want to wait for this announcement to present to your client otherwise, you present with CPI 1.2 and when CPI 2.0 comes out, you'll loose credibility.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card