Views
Helpful
Replies

No access for Client on 1552 AP after upgrade to 8.2.164

Welfare
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are facing an issue only with 1552 AP since the ugrade from 8.0 up to 8.2.164.  We use flexconnect. A client device is unable to obtain an IP address. The device is  (or seems to be) associated, but unable to have any SNR or RSSI information on the controller.

We also tried a factory reset of the AP but were unable to perform a reset. After the AP reboot, the AP still have the old configuration.

Is there any issue with 8.2.164 and 1552 APs ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Hi @Welfare

The known bug for this version and AP model does not refers to this problem. 

By the way, looks like you have two different problem. The DHCP problem, as the AP is flexconnect and probably is getting IP address from a local service. Who is providing DHCP service? Did you run some debug on it, if possible? 

Does the DHCP lease isn´t full, isn´t it?

The second problem isn´t clear to me. When you say "The device is  (or seems to be) associated, but unable to have any SNR or RSSI information on the controller." 

Where did you see this?  Could you explain futher?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi Flavio,

Thanks to take time.

DHCP server was the firt thing we checked and no issue found on this side. Again, only clients connected onto a 1552 AP was affected. 3702 & 1572 were OK.

For the second problem, it's just to show that there maybe is an issue with 1552 as some informations are missing in the controller. When you click on the menu "Monitor" then "Clients" you should see some info like RSSI and SNR, under "Clients Statistics".

In my case, there is no info at all for a clients associated on a 1552 AP.

Another stange behaviou was also on "Monitor">"Clients", for a clients associated onto a 1552 AP, without any IP (0.0.0.0) the status (Status column) was "Associated" and in the column "Auth" it was "No" instead of yes. Don't really know what it means.

Thanks

I got some new.

I successfully reproduced the problem. Here is what i did :

- WLC in version 8.0.132

- AP 1552 in stock configuration (don't know FW version)

1. Power On AP and wait for it to be online.

2. Try Access on Internet => OK

No configuration was made on the AP

Then

1. Upgrade the WLC up to 8.2.164

2. Power On the AP (in v8.0.132 with default configuration)

3. Successfully access to Internet, AP in 8.2.164

Then roolback WLC and AP down to 8.0.132, power On everything and configure the AP

- Name

- Flex connect, local switching

- Native VLAN on the switch

- Data vlan and capwap vlan in flex connect

- Backup controller

Then upgrade up to v 8.2.164, reboot of WLC & AP, remove my DHCP lease on my DHCP server.

Then : unable to obtain an DHCP onto our DHCP server. Under "Monitor"=> "Clients", my iPhone is with ip 0.0.0.0.

Now we will try to capture frames to see what happen

You probably just discovered a Bug. If can open a TAC, would be the right thing to do.

You can also try a different version.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Unfortunately we do not have support contract on our WLC so i cannot open a case. Is there any other way to do it ? Or do we absolutely need to order a support contract ?
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card