OEAP 600 Restrictions

sniff
Level 1
Level 1

The restrictions for an AccessPoint to connect to a controller are

RTT <300ms

Bandwith 128kbps

MTU >= 500 byte (max. 4 frames)

What are the restrictions for an OEAP 600?

Regards

Sven

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Its most likely the same as a FlexConnect access point. Home internet connections are pretty fast these days. I have had my peers connect to my home WLC using both OEAP 600's and local and FlexConnect mode all over the USA and never ran into issues.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hello Scott,

thanks for your answer.

My project has private lines only and a lot of crossconnectors and someone else.

"most likely.." is good but I fear not good enough for a commitment.

That's the reason why  I miss a data-sheet.

As per 7.3 mobility design guide,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/ch7_HREA.html#wp1108009

For the FlexConnect AP to function predictably, keep in mind the following with respect to WAN link characteristics:

Latency—A given WAN link should not impose latencies greater than 100 ms. The AP sends heartbeat messages to the WLC once every thirty seconds. If a heartbeat response is missed, the AP sends five successive heartbeats (one per second) to determine whether connectivity still exists. If connectivity is lost, the FlexConnect AP switches to standalone mode (see Operation Modes for operation mode definitions). The AP itself is relatively delay tolerant. However, at the client, timers associated with authentication are sensitive to link delay, and thus a constraint of < 100 ms is required. Otherwise, the client can time-out waiting to authenticate, which can cause other unpredictable behaviors, such as looping.

Bandwidth—WAN links should be at least 128 kbps for deployments when up to eight APs are being deployed at a given location. If more than eight APs are deployed, proportionally more bandwidth should be provisioned for the WAN link.

Path MTU—An MTU no smaller than 500 bytes is required.

I will use the similar guideline for OEAP 600. I would use this model AP for ONLY for home user deployment (just extending corporate SSID to home). This model cannot be compare with standard AP model & replace their functionality as OEAP600 is limited in manyways & targeted for home environment.

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card