Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP 600 security concern

Hi there,

I use a few 600OEAP and I love them. But there is thing I don't like and maybe I just didn't find the right way to fix that.

In some szenarios I have the OEAP connected to an public IP, on exibitions sometimes e.g. or with really cool DSL providers like I have @home..

I saw that I'm able to connect the AP also on the WAN IP, thats sometimes really cool, but only by http, is there a way to change that to SSL, SSH or to add an ACL to prevent it only from Management IPs.

If not, please Cisco add this to the OEAP600 it would be a big improvement like I think.

Ideas &comment are welcome. I use the code 7.0.240.0 in the moment, I can only update as soons as the Prime is installed. that is in planning in the moment..

regards,

Sebastian

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I hear ya, but here is what is stated in the OEAP 600 guide

It is expected that the home teleworker installs the Cisco Aironet 600 Series OEAP behind a home router as this product is not designed to replace the functionality of a home router. This is because the current version of this product does not have firewall support, PPPoE support or port forwarding. These are features customers expect to find in a home router.

While this product can work without a home router, it is recommended not to position it that way for the reasons stated. Also, there can be compatibility issues connecting directly to some modems.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card