Views
Helpful
Replies

problem internet and i can't ping vlan DAta wifi

Dhikra Marghli
Level 5
Level 5

Hello

I have 10 acces point  AIR-CAP70  and WLC   cisco  2500   and switch cisco 9200L

1)    have two vlan : vlan 1:managment :172.16.0.x/24  for access point and PC fixe  with 172.16.0.1  in router cisco

Vlan 7 : vlan data  for USER  172.16.81.x/20  and 172.16.81.1 configured in firwall CLAVISTER and poll dhcp for vlan 7 configured in WLC  

2)  port in switch 9200 conncted to wlc : 

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
switchport trunk native vlan 7
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,7
switchport mode trunk

3)  so i try more diagnositic and i have not a internet and pc laptop can't ping 172.16.81.1 ///  

so i need what's the problem exact that i have not internet !!

so please what i can check to i give more detail about this problem

i wait a reply from expert wirless that help  and give the solution !!

thanks in advance 

6 Replies 6

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Looks like a routing issue.

Is ping allowed via firewall ?

Can you please a Draft.. how are these connected then we can try to find-out the root cause.

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

from fw clavister  : i can ping 172.16.81.1 ( gatway  vlan 7)  for user  but i can't ping 172.16.81.2: address ip vlan 7 ( in wlc )

switch 9200 conncted router  and router conncted to fw 

connect laptop with LAN cable on switch with vlan 7 and check if you can access internet or can ping the firewall or not ?

Regards

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Vlan 1 is always untagged so that is your problem. You can’t make vlan 7 native (untagged) and also have vlan 1 work.

Try tagging vlan 7
interface GigabitEthernet1/0/13
switchport trunk native vlan 1
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,7
switchport mode trunk

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

the problem is resolved ...not yet !!

You should not open a new thread on the same thing.  You need to understand how vlans are tagged and then look over your design.  Vlan 1 from majority of all manufactures will not look at the tagging.  What this means is that vlan 1 is untagged, if you try to tag this vlan on other devices, the switches will ignore it as it is looking for untagged vlans.  So redo your vlans because it is not right.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card