cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate-limit per SSID/VLAN?

Matthew Pilotte
Level 1
Level 1

I have 1250 series access point configured to broadcast 6 different SSID’s, each on their own VLAN. Each SSID only has 1 client connected at a time. The total number of clients connected to the access point will never exceed 6.

I’d like to limit the data rate available to each client both upstream and downstream of the access point. More specifically, I want each client to only be able to download at rates up to 3Mbps, and upload at rates up to 1Mbps.

I’ve looked at the access point configuration web pages and Cisco documentation for setting this up through the CLI. I’ve configured a rate limit on the GigabitEthernet0.1 interface of the access point which works to limit the downstream data rate, however I cannot find a successful way to limit the upstream data rate. In fact, the QoS webpage won't event let me select a rate-limit policy to apply to the outgoing side of the GigabitEthernet interface. I can assign the rate-limit policy to via the CLI, but it has no effect.

My access point operates autonomously, it is not connected to a WLC.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card