cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Registering the AIR-CAP3702I-B-K9 to controller 5508 not successful

RabbitSF
Level 1
Level 1

I have over 30 units of AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9 (primary software version 7.6.120.0) running on our school existing network with the 5508 controller (software version 7.6.120.0). Then I purchased a couple of more APs this summer, they are AIR-CAP3702I-B-K9 (primary software version 8.2.105.100). This morning I was trying to register one of these new APs to our network but it's not successful. The light kept blinking green-red-blue cycle.

Possible reasons why it's not working:

1. AP software version is not the same as the controller?

2. The shipping box of the AP says "Radios Off by Default". Do I have to enable them first?

3. Other reason?

Thanks very much in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

The AP cannot be telnet'd into until it joins the WLC. 

In order to use B regulatory domain AP's you will need to have the WLC on 8.0.132.0 or higher. Please see the release notes below which mentions this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80mr3.html#pgfId-1298773

But first you will need to make sure the AP gets an IP address. Without that it will not even try to do a discover :).

Best Regards,

WiFi Trainers (www.wifitrainers.com)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

1. you dont nee dto have same software version on both AP and WLC. Normally AP downloa dthe image from WLC before joining.

Info: AP must support the SW image of WLC. 3702 AP need minimum version 7.6.100.0 on WLC and that you have it so its not the problem.

2. no

Can you paste the output of these commands:

from AP: sh version

also paste the complete bootup process from console.

From WLC: 1. debug capwap events enable 

Regards

Sandeep,

the AP could not even get an IP. I can't telnet to it. Any other thought?

Hello,

The AP cannot be telnet'd into until it joins the WLC. 

In order to use B regulatory domain AP's you will need to have the WLC on 8.0.132.0 or higher. Please see the release notes below which mentions this:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn80mr3.html#pgfId-1298773

But first you will need to make sure the AP gets an IP address. Without that it will not even try to do a discover :).

Best Regards,

WiFi Trainers (www.wifitrainers.com)

Updated the WLC software to 8.3.102.0. It's all good now. Thanks so much!

Hi,

Thanks for the update. Great to know that it is working :).

Best Regards,

www.wifitrainers.com

Learn from the Best To be the Best!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card