Level 1
Level 1

350 Series Access Point (IOS)

Radio Firmware: 5.70

System Software Filename: c350-k9w7-tar.123-4.JA

System Software Version: 12.3(4)JA

Bootloader Version: 12.2(13)JA

Roaming and Reassociation problems

The mobile workstation is fine until it roams into an area with another access point. It attempts to re-associate itself with another access point then looses wireless network connection. We currently have 3 access points that were recently upgraded to IOS, the problem occurs with each access point.

The laptop which is using an onboard PCI-Express 802.11b card which was operating normally while the access points were on the VxWorks OS, under IOS roaming and reassociation is not working correctly.

Is there a particular firmware I need to flash the access points with to resolve this problem? Do you have any suggestions on how to overcome this problem?

Thank you,

Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The software you have is very new to probably see any interoperatability issues or bugs. Try setting aironet extensions off under radio interface configuration. Also, try latest drivers from the manufacturers website and see if that helps!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

The software you have is very new to probably see any interoperatability issues or bugs. Try setting aironet extensions off under radio interface configuration. Also, try latest drivers from the manufacturers website and see if that helps!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Thank you for such a quick response. I have configured the access points and will begin testing as soon as I have a moment.

Thank you,

Thomas

Thank you, this resolved the problem.

Thomas

Aironet extensions or newer drivers ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW

Disabling Aironet Extensions, I assumed Aironet Extensions were the same as non-802.11 from the VxWorks OS, obviously now they are not.

There are no new drivers for the PCI-Express 802.11b wireless in the HP nx9010 Series laptops.

Thank you again,

Thomas

Thomas,

Good to hear that helped!

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card