cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Set NTP on 3602 access point with desired timezone

JESSICA Walsh
Level 1
Level 1

Our controllers are using NTP just fine. However, when looking at AP logs, the timezone, and possibly the date, are way off. It's probably using GMT for the timezone. I need to know how to get the APs to show the time and date we need, preferably by syncing with an NTP server or getting it from the controller. Everything should be the same time zone. Note-we aren't using DHCP to hand out IP's to our APs.

4 Replies 4

Hi

This config must be send from the WLC. Access Point and WLC use certificate to stablish capwap tunnel and this kind of communication is very time sensitive.

Even though you can find a command, AP will not hold this. This is defined on the capwap rfc. Capwap AP must rely on wlc for everything.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

If the AP gets it's time reset every time it syncs with the WLC, that's great. But I HAVE NTP set in the WLC and the correct time, date and timezone. But the timezone is totally wrong on the APs. Not even close. Is there a secret CLI command in the WLC to push NTP to the APs over CAPWAP?

Hard to say but one thing I know, if time between then we're wrong, the capwap tunnel would not stablish. I am afraid that the information you are seeing may be not correct.

I'll try to take a look on my network.

I have looked at my network and the WLC is in local time which is GMT -2 and the AP is UTC. Then, in my case the AP is three hour ahead due this time zone difference. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card