ATTENTION: We are currently working an issue with posting. Thank you for your patience while we work on a resolution.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

The meaning of "Retention Expiration" in Location Server Parameters in WCS

o.osiychuk
Level 1
Level 1

In WCS (Wireless Control System) Help i found this description: "Enter a Retention Expiration value in minutes. This determines how long the received information is stored by the client before it is overwritten. The default value is 24 hours (1440 minutes)."

I use SOAP to access the location server and get its location data about the client. Which client is meant in the description? There is no need for a client (for example my application) to save the information; it always gets the newest Information from Location Server with the new request!?

Here the exact link in WCS to this parameter: Mobility-> Mobility Service Engines->SERVER_NAME->Location->Presence Parameters!

Please help me to understand what this parameter is good for!

Thank you very match!

1 Reply 1

tstanik
Level 5
Level 5

Retransmission Rule Enable check box to allow the receiving client to retransmit the received information to another party and Retention Expiration value in minutes.

For further description following URL may help you :

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/wcs/5.1/configuration/guide/wcsmaps.html#wp1168618

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card