Views
Helpful
Replies

Tunneling SSID on Cisco WLC to remote Radius Server

kamz1
Level 1
Level 1

Good day Cisco community.

I want to extend a partner's corporate Wifi to our premises by creating an SSID on our Cisco WLC and tunnelling the traffic over Internet to partner's remote radius server. Our partner is using Ruckus network gear. how best can this be achieved ? is GRE tunneling possible and IPsec on top?...Any configurations to be made on our Cisco Firewal aswell ?   Any configuration guidance will be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

GRE is use only to overrride some routing issue 

IPSec in otherhand is perfect to connect NAD to radius because it secure not such GRE.

You want to run tunnel between WLC to AAA

MHM

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- You don't tunnel an SSID towards a Radius server , the only thing that (can) happen(s) ; is that you
     define 802.1x security with radius for the particular SSID/WLAN.  Then you must make sure
     that  the radius server's defined on the WLC can be reached by the WLC over the networking infrastructure
                     'That's it'

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card