cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgradeing WLC from 5508 to 9800 - How to move ssid groups to Tag´s

Magnus43
Level 1
Level 1

We are about to move our AP´S from 5508 WLC to new 9800-40 WLC. 

I use Cisco prime 3.7 to administrat the accesspoints. (about 900)

Is there a way to  add  TAGS in cisco prime to the accesspoints

I used Templates / Lightweight Access Points but there is no way to choose Site Tag Name, RF Tag Name, Policy Tag Name.

I cant add TAGS in the AP config view. Iconfiguration  after the AP moved to new WLC the AP Group Name filed is missing . 

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here is the Prime user guide that does mention tags

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-6/user/guide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_6_0_UserGuide/bk_CiscoPrimeInfrastructure_3_6_0_UserGuide_chapter_011010.html

From what I can tell it doesn't allow you to manage site tags once the AP has joined the WLC.

I know the 9800 is better being managed with DNA-C

The other option you could look at is the 9800 is able to deploy everything via APIs so you could look at using the APIs to do this.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I found a way

CONFIGURATION TAGS & PROFILES/ TAGS/AP / STATIC

•  

I can preload a csv file and when the AP register to WLC it gets the right Groups/Tags.

AP MAC Address,Policy Tag Name,Site Tag Name,RF Tag Name

It´s the same as if the ap register to WLC and i config the Group under Edit AP.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card