cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VM does not receive an IP address via DHCP when connecting WLC 5508

sseryaev
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem getting an ip address on a virtual machine. The VM is installed on my laptop, connected via a bridge. The laptop is connected via WIFI through WLC 5508.
DHCP up on cisco router 2951.
If I connect the laptop through a cable connection, everything works.
If I connect a laptop through another access point (Cisco Meraki MP33), everything works.
I can't figure out why the VM doesn't get an ip when connected via WLC 5508.
I have already spent a lot of time searching for a problem, a lot of forums and options for setting up WLC 5508.
Has anyone come across a similar issue, please help.

26 Replies 26

Hi

Disable proxy DHCP on the WLC and add the DHCP server IP address on the Dynamic interface. 

i.e:

FlavioMiranda_0-1686134427780.png

FlavioMiranda_2-1686134496750.png

Hi

Both of these settings...

Dont follow.  Do you have proxy disabled and do you  have the dhcp server on the dynamic interface?

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 15.00.01.pngScreenshot 2023-06-07 at 15.37.09.png

Sorry I used the wrong example. You need to uncheck the dhcp proxy on the first print. I got an example on the internet just to show where you need to change but  what I meant it that you need to click then and uncheck, disable the dhcp proxy.

With the dhcp proxy enable,  the wlc is the dhcp client.  Then, the wlc will ask for IP address and not the client.  As you have two devices overlaping the wlc may deny considering this a security issue.

I disabled the use of dhcp proxy. This doesn't solve my problem.

Then, do this. Access the wlc in CLI mode, run the command "debug client <client Mac address>

Try to access and share the output

Screenshot 2023-06-07 at 17.29.44.png

- Have the (full) output of the client debug analyzed with : https://cway.cisco.com/wireless-debug-analyzer/

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

I'll try to do it tomorrow

Hello!

I didn't quite understand how to use it. What file do I need to upload there?

Hi

This mac address "bc:d0:74:52:40:55" is an Apple device. It should show another mac address which would be your virtual machine. 

Can you run the debug using the Virtual Machine mac address? 

On my macbook and installed VM. And her mac address is in the logs, he is the first. i did a debug on Mac vm 82:3e:02:b3:c4:10.

Got it. 

But it seems the Apple is not getting IP address also, right?  At least I did not see anything on this log? 

How are you access point configured?  Can share the following prints:

WLAN> AP Group

WIRELESS > Access Point > General

I can imagine a few thing happening over there. You WLAN is mapped to a wrong interface on the AP group. 

You access point is configured as Flexconnect and you SSID is configured as Flexconnect. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card