Views
Helpful
Replies

vWLC Guest wlan

Victor Circelli
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm deploying a virtual WLC environment with just one 1140 for test purposes.

I'm trying to create a guest wlan but when I try to create the ingress interface it gives me a generic error.

I guess that this error occurs because I just have one physical interface on my vWLC

Is guest wlan supported on vWLC?

If positive, how can I create it, since It just shows me one physical interface?

I followed the deployment guide, created one data interface and one service interface, etc.    

3 Replies 3

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

the 'Guest Lan' is for a wired guest, not a wireless guest.

For a wireless guest, you would configure the WLAN like you normally would, and select L3 security if you are going to do an AUP.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Stephen,

I'm trying to create the ingress interface.

When I do this, it just shows me one physical port available. Try to save and it shows "Could not set the port configuration"

I believe that this is because the only one interface available (same as egress), as you can see on the image (port number).

BR

are you trying to do a wired guest, or a wireless guest?

as to guest lan being supported, I find no document that explicitly states it is not supported.

HTH,
Steve

HTH,
Steve

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card