cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAP 4400N unable to access my AP

virtuous1
Level 1
Level 1

This issue just happened.  I am not able to access my wireless access point anymore.  I tried to access the web configuration in my browser as I have in the past 192.168.1.245, but I have no luck there.  I tried to reset it by holding the reset button for 10-30 seconds, and I have no luck with that.  What I have noticed on the AP is that the ethernet light keeps going out.  The only light that is lit on my AP is the power and sometimes the ethernet light.  My AP is connected to my router which I am able to gain access to the internet from any devices connected to the router except the AP.  I have a router (E2000), a WAP4400N, and switch.  I want to keep my wireless access separate from my business network.  I really need help because I cannot get my WAP4400N to work anymore.  Please help!!!!

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

have you tries to change the Ethernet cable and the port it's connected too?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hi Steve and thank you for responding.  I have tried that too, and I still cannot get it to work.  I really do not understand Linksys/Cisco products anymore.  It seems like they are pushing to these devices to get them to stop working, so you can purchase the newest model.  Last month I had another wireless AP that went out.  If I have to purchase another product because it just stop working all of suddenly, it will not be Linksys/Cisco anymore.  I have a business to run and not in the business to continue to purchase products because the manufacturer thinks it time for you to upgrade to one of their newer models.  I am running out of troubleshooting steps to get this fix, and I cannot get it to work. I do not understand why it just stop working.  I really need some help because I really need to get this back up and running before Monday business hours.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card