cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

what is side effect of multi regulatory domain in WLC?

Majid Jalinousi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

So far we've installed -K APs in our network, but for next part of project we've forced to APs with -H regulatory domain.

I want to know what the side effect of multi regulatory domain is in my installation.

by the way, in my country all the uni band frequency range are allowed.

BR,

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So far we've installed -K APs in our network, but for next part of project we've forced to APs with -H regulatory domain.

Cisco has recently released the Universal Regulatory Domain (-UX).  This means APs with "-UX" can be have in different Regulatory Domain but can be managed by a single controller.  

Read this: Cisco Aironet Universal AP Priming and Cisco AirProvision User Guide

Thanks for your answer,

I just want to know if I'll install -H APs near -K APs, what's gonna happen?

Is there limiting for this kind of installation? is it better to all the near APs be in a same regulatory domain?

I've kind of forced to use -H regulatory domain along with -k, if there is any limiting for such this installation I'll forbid them to provide APs with -H regulatory domain.

Hard to determine what radio(s) will be allowed and disabled as I'm not familiar with the laws of China.

Worst case scenario will need to be considered:  Either the APs won't join the controllers or the radio(s) will be disabled.

Thanks again,

why do you think it's possible APs won't join to the controller?

I checked my WLC whether supporting china regulatory domain or no? and It was OK.

BR,

I checked my WLC whether supporting china regulatory domain or no?

It has nothing to do with the AP joining the controller (or not).  It is very common here in the forum when people enable multiple (and conflicting) Regulatory Domain.  When this happens 802.11a radio & protocol, for example, goes "Administrative Down". 

mohanak
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WLC limits the AP’s to common channel and power.

Refer the link : https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11979181/wlc-5508-multiple-country-codes-limitations

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card