cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

wism2

mshelton1
Level 1
Level 1

I've just installed a new wism card and it shows a status of pwrdown. How can I turn the power on this card?
Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

7 Replies 7

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you can try this command from the CLI of the cat6k

power enable module < slot number >

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

maldehne
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yeah run the command mentioned by Stephen in the global configuration mode.

check the following document for more details about the initial setup of WISM 2:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a0080b7c904.shtml

Please Don't Forget to rate correct answers

mshelton1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Guys
I tried to exec the command but it failed. I later notice that the image version loaded was 12.2.33(SXI3) and that 12.2.33(SXJ1) see the card but thanks for your help. MikeyD

Yes, you'll need a minimum of SXJ to run the WiSM-2.

I highly recommend to have a look on the related documenation of the product , at least the installation or deployment guides that would help you a lot in identifying any issue.

mshelton1
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks Good advise

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Michael,

If you need to reset the WiSM2 controller in the Catalyst chassis, use this command:

(Config)# hw module <#> reset

If you need to reset the controller to factory defaults - watch the screen, while attached to the console port on the WiSM2 controller, for the reset option to come up and then hit key. In the controller menu, choose option 4 to reset the controller to factory defaults. In order to power the WiSM2 wireless controller in the Catalyst chassis OFF or ON, use this command:

(Config)#power enable module <#>

For any more information regarding Wism 2 setup you can go through the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/modules/ps2706/products_tech_note09186a0080b7c904.shtml

Hardware Components mandatory-

The Catalyst 6500 or Cisco 7600 chassis in which the Cisco WiSM is installed needs a Supervisor 720 module. The supported slots for the Cisco WiSM are shown in the WiSM Troubleshooting FAQ (document 70608) at this URL:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_qanda_item09186a00806e39b7.shtml

The Cisco WiSM module needs 254.94 Watts for its operation. Ensure that your Catalyst chassis provides the necessary power. All Catalyst 6500 chassis except the Catalyst 6503 require the fan tray 2 module, which in turn requires the 2500-W power supply for proper operation. The 2500-W power supplies use a 20-A circuit with a NEMA plug.

Before proceeding, ensure that the module is detected by the supervisor and that the status LED is green. If the status LED is not green, the supervisor may not have the correct software release to detect the Cisco WiSM module or to detect a hardware problem in the module.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card