Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 9800 Guest Wifi - LWA

Edgar078
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I currently have a WLC 9800-CL with version 17.3.6 and access point models C9120AXI, AIR-CAP1702I, AIR-CAP1572EAC and AIR-CAP2702E. In which I have a captive portal locally for the guest network in CONSENT type and the first time the devices are connected if it throws the captive portal and gives me access to the internet, but once the network is saved in the device and I want to reconnect it no longer gives me access to the internet, and it is necessary to forget the wireless network to perform the process again and use the captive portal

10 Replies 10

Hi

Guest wireless does not work like PSK or 802.1x. If your session expired, you need to went through the portal again. what you can see is the timers on the WLAN.

Hi Flavio,

Why is it necessary to delete the wireless network and do the process again?

Since when I roam to another access point I lose the connection.

You dont need to delete the network. But, if your session expired, you need to pass on the portal again.

If you lose the connection when roamig, this is another problem. As long as you are authenticated, you should be able to move from an AP to another just fine.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/17-2/config-guide/b_wl_17_2_cg/wireless_guest_access.html

Search for "Configure a Parameter Map (GUI)"

Check session Timeout in WLC'

Make it longer enough' in case you reconnect the session is save in wlc and no need to re-auth 

Edgar078
Level 1
Level 1

EdgarM_0-1687890194292.png

https://community.cisco.com/t5/security-knowledge-base/ise-guest-access-prescriptive-deployment-guide/ta-p/3640475

check remember me feature, can you enable this feature ?

also try using guest LAN session timeout 

Edgar078
Level 1
Level 1

I still have these logs, I checked what they told me and it was not corrected.

Unsupported IE received, skip decode . IE Type :59

Disable Aironet IE on the WLAN

The Aironet Extensions IE configuration is disabled by default.

Which  dont means it can not be enable on the wlc, otherwise this log would not be there. Either the wlc has IE enable or your client does

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card