Helpful
Comments
cdnadmin
Level 11
Level 11
This document was generated from CDN thread

Created by: deniz caglar on 20-10-2008 09:03:52 PM
Hi,

I have problems about application transfer. I have two applications. MyFirstApplication has a Subdialog Invoke Element. This elements settings are:

Subdialog URI: http://myvxmlserver:7000/CVP/Server?application=MySecondApplication
Local Application: true
Parameter:TransferedData = 5
Return Value: Result

MySecondApplication has subdialogStart Element after StartOfCall Element, than prompts some audio and finishes with SubdialogReturn Element. Elements Settings are:

Subdialog Start Element:
Parameter: TransferedData
Store As : Session Data

Subdialog Return Element:
Return Value: Result = 1111

MyFirstApplication and this SubdialogInvoke Element work successfully and invoke the second application. Then the second application prompts the value that i transfered from the first application called TransferedData. After that i get tecnical error. But i cant find any error log in the log files.

When i look at the log files, activity log file is empty, there is no error log in the FirstApplication are empty. Activity log of the second application seems normal. And there is also no erorr log in the second application.

Although I have CallID in the first application , in the second application CallID is not there as i understand from the logs..

Is there anyone achieves application transfer with these elements, what can be the problem ?

Thanks, Deniz.

Subject: Re: Error in Application Transfer
Replied by: Janine Graves on 20-10-2008 09:14:11 PM
Change thee Subdialog URI to /CVP/Server?application=MySecondApplication

Remove spaces around the equal signs in your Parameter and Return
Value settings

That should do it.

Replied by: deniz caglar on 21-10-2008 06:54:26 AM
Hi Janine,

Thank you for your answer.

I changed URI as you said and i removed spaces from the parameters. The call can turn back from the Second Application to the First Application now. But the Return Value which is called Result cant be transfered to the first application. When I try to prompt Result, it gives "non existent" error.

+"A substitution representing Session data named "Result" referred to non-existent information. An empty string was substituted instead. +"

Note: I can't attach files to messages, in which format should i send ?

Deniz

Replied by: Janine Graves on 21-10-2008 10:46:41 AM
The returned value should be available as Element data of the subd invoke element.

Data.Element.SubdInvokeElmtName.Result

Replied by: deniz caglar on 23-10-2008 04:37:45 PM
Thanks Janine,

Can i ask why we changed the URI by removing http://10.231.16.145:7000 ?

Replied by: Janine Graves on 23-10-2008 05:24:41 PM
Since you set it to local app true then the gateway is coming back to the same app server and only needs a relative url. The other way with a full url you'd have to set local app to false and it wouldve used up another lic but it couldve gone to other servers.

Replied by: deniz caglar on 27-10-2008 04:54:14 PM
I am face to face with an interesting stuation. I try to call my Second application from ICM, not from the first application. The second application runs correctly but runs three times every time i call the application. For exapmle it promts three times an audio.Have you ever had this problem ?
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Quick Links