cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 upload firmware grayed out. Echo SPA112

WISPLI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.. I rolled out a bunch of SPA122 for my customers.. A few of them are reporting that they are getting echos on the caller side. Caller is reporting they can hear a delayed echo of there own voice. I've made sure echo cancellation is on and I've adjusted the FXP values that were recommended for this issue and the echo is still there.. I've decided to upgrade the firmware on these SPA122 to see if this would help but when doing so the choose file button is grayed out and I'm unable to upload the .bin firmware file.. I've tried multiple browsers.. there is an old thread in here with a solution but when I click on the link for the solution the link is broken.

Current firmware is 12.1.. I really would like to avoid factory setting all of these SPA122's

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

WISPLI
Level 1
Level 1

Remote upgrade is enabled 

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Current firmware can't be 12.1 as nothing like it exists. Unfortunately, you didn't disclosed sequence of steps you did, so I'm unable to advise. Generic hints only:

You are not logged as administrator.

Your unit is -RC one (see VID-PID printed on sticker).

A browser issue (a script blocker or so).

An antivirus issue (some tools do man-in-the-middle kind of scanning).

Current firmware is so old (it's known not to work with current versions of browsers).

Despite I know no issue cause, I can advise solution. Forget this firmware upgrade method and use "Upgrade Rule" configuration option instead. Upgrade Rule needs to be set to a http URL with firmware you wish to upgrade to. Phone will download firmware from it and upgrade.

This post contain information related to other's site thus it may contain information considered Sensitive or Confidential.

Thank you for the reply. I checked the following:

I am logged on as admin

I have tried multiple browsers

Anti virus disabled and issue persists

I made a typo and misplaced the decimal.. the firmware is 1.2.1 (004) not 12.1

I don't physically have access to these ATA's since they are remote.. I'll work on confirming the sticker.. there are previous threads in here about customers with the same issue and there was a solution in these threads with a link but its since broken unfortunately.   

As far as I know, the issue/article-thread you mentioned has been related to 1.0.x firmware version. WWW GUI of such firmware has been working correctly in Internet Explorer 6.x only-.

I'll work on confirming the sticker.

Check value of Customization option on status page instead.

Solution I advised works even on remote unit.