Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T: use of ! in dial plan - what effect does it have?

I have a couple of PAP2T analogue telephone adapters one of which I use for VoIP access - which works very well.

I have included in the dial plan the entry

09!

to block calls to high cost premium rate numbers starting 09. However I cannot find any information as to what happens if such a number is dialled. Should I get a number unavailable tone, a busy signal, a voice message or what? I have tried formats such as

09!

09x!

09x.!

0906!

the last number - 0906 - being an attempt to block a supposedly complete four digit number even though such numbers do not exist in the UK. At each attempt I just get silence. I know of someone else who is suffering the same problem.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong (if anything) please so that I can get the function to work.

TIA

1 REPLY 1
mbrackett2994
Beginner

Andrew, Please check out this link.  It shows how to use the Wildcard and special characters for use in dial plans.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/idp/1001/dpdep/DP_Intro.html

If you have Dialed number analyzer you can test how the calls are handled with the dial plan configuration you have set up.

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad