Views
Helpful
Replies

Room Navigator Factory Reset process for a unit in Controller mode

DarrenDCCalhoun
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

Please share the Factory Reset process for a Cisco Room Navigator for a unit in Controller mode.  I've located several sources with details for factory resetting a unit in Booking mode, but none for a unit in Controller mode.  As I'm uncertain whether the process is the same for each mode, I'm reaching out for guidance.

We're in the process of onboarding a large number devices into Webex Control Hub and will be repurposing several Room Navigators.

As the process for pairing a Navigator to a different device requires a Factory Reset, I'm hoping someone can share step by step details of this process.  Or if it's contained in the Admin Guide, access to it.

I'm familiar with the pairing process within the Workspace, but don't have a Navigator in my possession to go through Factory Reset process.

Thank you,

Darren

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There are images showing the location of the reset hole location in the Install Guides.

Cisco Webex Room Navigator Installation Guide: Table Stand

Cisco Webex Room Navigator Installation Guide: Wall Mount

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is a small reset pinhole on the back of the navigator (near the micro-USB port).   Insert the end of a paperclip or some other small object in the hole and depress the button within for about 6 seconds.   The device will then reboot and you'll then be able to set it up again from scratch.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne!  Much appreciated!  By chance, does anyone have a photo of the back of the Navigator panel showing the pinhole location.  Putting together some operation guides for my colleagues and photos help!)

There are images showing the location of the reset hole location in the Install Guides.

Cisco Webex Room Navigator Installation Guide: Table Stand

Cisco Webex Room Navigator Installation Guide: Wall Mount

Wayne

Wayne, thank you so much for all your assistance!

Much appreciated,

Darren

Is this also a valid/working method to factory reset a Navigator in Room booking mode (registered to codec and standalone)?

Factory Reset:

• You might need to perform a factory reset in order to pair the Room Navigator with a different room device or to configure it as a controller.
  • When the Room Navigator is in Room booking mode, a factory reset option can be found by pressing and holding (5-6 seconds) on the room name in the upper-left corner of the screen.
  • When you tap Factory Reset, you will be asked to confirm your selection before the Room Navigator will be restored to factory settings.

https://docs.appspace.com/latest/devices-app/configure-webex-room-navigator/#:~:text=When%20the%20Room%20Navigator%20is,be%20restored%20to%20factory%20settings.

I've tried this on the latest software release but it seems not to work anymore. This method worked for me a few months ago.

I've noticed as well that the below factory reset is not working

• When the Room Navigator is in Room booking mode, a factory reset option can be found by pressing and holding (5-6 seconds) on the room name in the upper-left corner of the screen."
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: