cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Distribution List Limits

PMartinez_SLCo
Level 1
Level 1

We have a DL that has 380+ users in it. If we try to send a meeting invite using the DL the users do not get the email to register for the meeting. However, if I do the same thing for a much smaller distribution list, 7 users, everyone gets the email to register for the meeting. Makes me wonder, is there a limit on how many users you can have in a DL?

The user is setting up the meeting from the Webex portal using "required" registration with a custom form. They add a text field to the form as a required field before sending the meeting (e.g., Name, Email, and Bar Number (custom field)). 

1 Accepted Solution

We actually discovered what the problem was. The DL was protected, only certain users could send on its behalf. Once we added the webex email to the permission list for that Distribution List the invites went out as expected. I appreciate the tip though. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

brwillia
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I do not have experience with sending Meeting invites to large DL lists so I can't speak to any limitations, but a possible workaround would be inviting yourself or a colleague to the meeting as an attendee.  You or your colleague could then forward the invite to your distribution list (obviously editing/removing forwarding details in the message, i.e., contents above "When it's time, join the Webex event here", remove "FW:" from the Subject line, etc.).

HTH.

We actually discovered what the problem was. The DL was protected, only certain users could send on its behalf. Once we added the webex email to the permission list for that Distribution List the invites went out as expected. I appreciate the tip though.