cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Real-time translation in webex

nancydane
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried the real-time translation feature in webex via closed caption? How did you find it? 

5 Replies 5

jtraill
Level 1
Level 1

I have ran demonstrations of the feature with clients and overall feedback is positive.

At the start, a few months back some of the translations were not great but I can see real improvement - particularly in German. I dont understand AI (blows my mind) but i'm more confident in my demos lately as it seems to be much more on point.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, we use this in our community events that we host live, and I have received nice feedback from our members about it promoting inclusivity. Even in our Webex Expert sessions, one of our Experts speaks Spanish and a little English. Having the translation helps him full feel a part of it and when he talks in Spanish, we can all understand him as well. It is a proven great feature where users feel equity of opportunity.

Response Signature

Can real-time translation be used for webex team chats?

Not today but you can try to add a bot to a space maybe and add those in your spaces
https://apphub.webex.com/ search for "translate" and see a list of ones available.
Thanks
ashish

Response Signature

I found it a great help to better understand what other people were saying in a language that you're not completely fluent in. But the problem arises when a lot of abbreviations or technical terms are used or when people are speaking in another language then their native language and having an accent.