Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to see presenter video on mobile device in WebEx Meeting

manojag
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I was evaluating WebEx Meeting from a free account and faced the issue that for the users who are connecting from mobile devices are not able to see video of the presenter or other participants. I can see video of the presenter when connecting from my laptop though.

Note: From mobile device people can see presentation (we shared Powerpoint application) - so no issue with presentation. But they cannot see video.

What could be the issue and how to resolve it? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

- Manoj

3 Replies 3

Jeff Dimagmaliw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are two possibilities I can see:

1. It could either be that there is not enough bandwidth to show the video (to which you may want to connect to wifi on your mobile device)...

2. Or the video is simply minimized on the mobile app.

Also, make sure you have the latest version of the Webex Meetings app installed prior to joining. If the issue persists, please contact Tech Support so they can help troubleshoot. You can also find help on Webex usage in the Webex User community of this page. Hope this helps!

I figured this out. If you are sharing content via "Share file" option then presenter video (active participant video) does not come in the recording.

If you share content via share application then it does come.

I don't know why Cisco has done this - but that is how it seems to be.

We recently recorded using Active Speaker View and when we get the MP4 file, the presenter video doesn't show at the top. What could cause this? 

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.