cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebEx Meetings Download

jlucho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When I search for the download of the WebEx Meeting app for a Windows laptop, it directs me to the download of WebEx.

I already have the WebEx app on my Windows machine, where can I get the one download for WebEx Meeting?

This is odd, but in my laptop when I go to see the programs installed, I see the WebEx Meetings app is there, but when I actually search for the app (at the bottom left corner - search) it isn't listed there.....am I missing something?

1 Accepted Solution

DevD
Level 1
Level 1

I believe as part of the rebrand to a single application, Webex, is the only app you need. Alternatively, I found this support article: https://help.webex.com/en-us/0tow9g/Download-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Desktop-App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

jlucho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

there doesn't seem to be a way for me to open the Meeting app on its own, like you do, like I can with WebEx.

I logged out of WebEx and my laptop won't even find the Meeting app. However, when I go to my installed Programs I see both WebEx and WebEx meeting installed.

Capture 1.PNG

Capture 2.PNG

Edited....that seems to be an installation issue.  I do see the meetings app in my search menu.  Can you try to uninstall and re-install as admin?  That is odd.

Response Signature

Thank you @Stephanie Knoop ! I will check with IT

jlucho
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thank you both @DevD and @Stephanie Knoop ! 

@DevD I did come across that link you provided, but those instructions for the "Download and Install of Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App" asks you to go to the WebEx download page, and there only seems to be one download available (for WebEx). Actually, this is the download link @Stephanie Knoop includes in her reply   

Per the instructions:

https://help.webex.com/en-us/0tow9g/Download-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Desktop-App

Select Downloads > Cisco Webex Meetings Desktop App > Download

However, in the Webex site, there isn't an option to choose or look for this specific download for the Desktop. Those instructions are from April 2021, perhaps those instructions should be updated or maybe include a clarification on how or if it is still possible to download the Meetings Desktop App?

@Stephanie Knoop - I do have the WebEx app on my windows machine, and as suggested, I believe that took care of installing Webex Meetings too, when I join a calendar meeting (from outlook "Join Meeting" button) or from the WebEx (Teams) app it immediately opens Cisco WebEx Meetings, but what if that meeting is not in my calendar, and I don't want to start my meeting through WebEx Teams (the notifications can be distracting every time a message comes in), is logging in though my WebEx account website (WebEx Enterprise Site) the only option? When I do a search for the WebEx Meetings app in my laptop, no results are found.

If you were to shut down the Webex App and only run the Webex Desktop App, you should, if productivity tools is installed, see all of your Outlook calendar meetings that include a Webex invite in the Webex Desktop App, and be able to join from there.  I hope I understand your question correctly.

temp.png

Response Signature

Stephanie Knoop
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@jlucho ,  Hi.  Yes, it is all a bit confusing now

@DevD above is correct.  All functionality is being provided by the Webex App (Messaging, Meetings, Calling), but for some it is nice just to have the old Webex Desktop app to quickly join or start meetings. Additionally, at this time, the only way to join 2 Webex meetings at once is to initiate at least the 2nd from the Desktop App (see here (partners) or here (customers) to vote up this feature request).

So...to get the desktop App: 
Windows

Mac (Intel Chip)

Mac (Apple Chip)

Let me know if this solved your problem.

Response Signature

DevD
Level 1
Level 1

I believe as part of the rebrand to a single application, Webex, is the only app you need. Alternatively, I found this support article: https://help.webex.com/en-us/0tow9g/Download-the-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-Desktop-App