Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WebexMeeting direct link to browser version precompile username

Hello.

I'm looking at Webex as a platform to host our meetings; I see that by adding `&launchApp=true` in the link, the browser version is prompted.

Is there a way to also suggest a default username?

We'd like to send custom links via mail to our attendees, so we would like to precompile it for them.

2 Replies 2

jonpauley
Level 1
Level 1

Hey there,

I'm not sure I completely understand your question and what exactly you mean by "default username" because meeting attendees aren't required to login to Webex to join a meeting.  However, if you use Webex Meetings and require registration for the meeting, each attendee will get a unique link to join in the email/meeting invite that they receive confirming their registration.  If they use that link, it should pre-populate the meeting join screen with the name they used to register and the meeting password in the appropriate fields.  All they should have to do is confirm their name is correct and click the "Join Meeting" button.

Hope that helps,

Jonathan

Hi 

You will be able to setup separate spaces with the desired invitees which give you a unique meeting link compare to your personal room. Also in your personal room under the preferences for meetings you will be able to select the option of generating a unique link and passcode. Below is a link that you can visit which will give you the full details around the meeting options and preferences. 

I hope this will be helpful

Thank you

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-knowledge-base/webex-meetings-quick-guide-for-new-user-hosts/ta-p/3814530